Monday, November 21, 2016

Christopher Allen Grant's Story. Poems about his Depression.

When I was in despair several years ago I wrote these lines....

I cannot say I always shone a light upon the troubled demons of my mind,..

during lonely nights of fear and dread...

paralysed....

wishing I were dead.....

but no one knew I'd almost given up...

because only deep despair filled my cup. 

Then I took my troubles to  the Lord and soon wrote two poems back to back...this is the first....

When I was at my lowest 

and my heart was broke again....

He threw His arms around me... saying..Come! I am your friend....

I'll lift your troubles from you....every sorrow, pain and care....I only ask you love 

me and your burdens I will bear. 

And..

For every tear on Earth that's 

shed...an angel sheds one too..for in the realm where angels tread..the heavens weep with 

you...and though you think you cry alone....it simply is not true...so be of cheer and dry your

eyes...your guardian angels sympathize. 


I also wrote one about my wife ...it's called Not Sorry ....

When I was at my lowest 

and my heart was broke again...I heard an angel calling me...I'm here you have a friend....a 

comfort I could count on with words of wisdom sent and a loved I carried with me 

everywhere I went...I never meant to love you nor sorry that I did...my heart was always

open and its contents never hid..so.I throw my arms around you and whisper in your 

ear.....I'm grateful that you loved me when my heart was full of fear.


I deal with.chronic depression all the time but I don't let it define who I am or what I believe. This life is a time of trial and temptation. It is how we manage these things in our lives that matter. l am so thankful to have the Lord on my side and my family who love and support me. I hope these lines may help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment